U.S.A. Citizenship Test
1. Principles of American Democracy
2. System of Government
3. Rights and Responsabilities
4. Colonial Period and Independence
6. Recent American History
System of Government
1. Name one branch or part of the government?
2. What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
3. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
4. Who makes federal laws?
5. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?
6. How many U.S. Senators are there?
7. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
8. Who is one of your state's U.S. Senators now?
9. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
10. We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?
11. Name your U.S. Representative?
12. Who does a U.S. Senator represent?
13. Why do some states have more Representatives than other states?
14. We elect a President for how many years?
15. In what month do we vote for President?
16. What is the name of the President of the United States now?
17. What is the name of the Vice President of the United States now?
18. If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
19. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
20. Who is the Commander in Chief of the military?
21. Who signs bills to become laws?
22. Who vetoes bills?
23. What does the President's Cabinet do?
24. What are two Cabinet-level positions?
25. What does the judicial branch do?
26. What is the highest court in the United States?
27. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
28. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
29. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the federal government. What is one power of the federal government?
30. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?
31. Who is the Governor of your state now?
32. What is the capital of your state?
33. What are the two major political parties in the United States?
34. What is the political party of the President now?
35. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?